Board Member and Vice-Chair
Sally Nicholes is the Managing Partner of Nicholes Family Lawyers and is a qualified Independent Children’s Lawyer, Collaborative Law Practitioner and AIFLAM Arbitrator. Sally practises in all aspect of family law; with specialist expertise in:
- International and domestic property and maintenance settlements
- Dealing with complex corporate structures
- De facto and same sex agreements
- Prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Financial structure and restructuring combining succession planning/estate planning with corporate restructure and binding financial agreements
- International and domestic child related matters including child abduction and inter country adoption and international relocation
- Complex parenting disputes
- Child support
- Complex child welfare issues including special medical procedure gender re-assignment and multi-party parenting disputes
Sally has acted for the Department of Human Services in their delegated capacity as State Central Authority in Victoria for implementing the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (the Child Abduction Convention).
Sally has published in the LIV Journal, Family Law Journal, Melbourne University Law Review, and has presented papers at international forums on Australia’s obligations under various international treaties including the Inter-country Adoption Convention and Child Abduction Convention. Sally has spoken and participated in resolutions reached at various best practice forums for the Child Abduction Convention such as those run by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, USA.
Sally is also a board member of Children’s Rights International.